This painting tutorial will take you through a fun and easy to follow, step-by-step painting lesson on how to create this pet portrait with tons of personality and thought provoking expressions. You’ll learn to paint “Photobomb Bulldog” with a simple step by step outline. Using only 3 brushes and 6 colors we’ll create a lively painting full of funny thought and sly looks. You’ll learn how to give realistic shape to this cool cat and brawny bulldog and how to create expressive eyes that tell a story just by the way they’re placed. So come discover your inner artist and let’s paint our canvas and eat some cookies!
IMAGE LINK FOR PRINTING:
DONATION LINK TO SUPPORT PRODUCTION OF THESE VIDEOS:
Canvas: 16×20 stretched primed canvas
Brushes: 1/2 inch flat bristle brush, #8 round, #1 round brush
Acrylic Paint: titanium white, burnt sienna (rust), burnt umber (brown), deep yellow, mars black, green oxide
Other: #2 pencil, 9 inch paper plate, cup of water for washing brushes, paper towel for drying brushes
1. #2 pencil – Sketch dog and cat
2. 1/2 inch bristle brush – Paint the background with green and white
3. #8 round brush – Paint the light fur patches of dog with white, black and rust
4. #8 round brush – Paint inside of dog ears with rust and white
5. #8 round brush – Paint the dark fur patches of dog with yellow, rust and brown
6. #8 round brush – Paint fur on cat with brown
7. #8 round brush – Paint black outlines and details on dog with black
8. #1 round brush – Paint black details on cat with black
9. #1 round brush – Paint cat ears and nose with rust and white
10. #1 round brush – Finish cat eyes with white, yellow and green
11. #1 round brush – Paint final details on face of dog with black and white
12. #1 round brush – Signature with black
THREE MUSKETEER CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIE RECIPE
Prep Time 10 minutes / Cook Time 8-10 minutes
1 cup salted butter softened
1 cup white (granulated) sugar
1 cup light brown sugar packed
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
2 cups chocolate chunks (or chips, or chopped chocolate)
1 cup Mini Three Musketeer Chocolates
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder. Set aside.
3. Cream together butter and sugars until combined.
4. Beat in eggs and vanilla until fluffy.
5. Mix in the dry ingredients until combined.
6. Add chocolate chunks and mix well.
7. Roll 2-3 TBS of dough into balls and place them evenly spaced on your prepared cookie sheets then press the Three Musketeers on to the top of the dough.
8. Bake in preheated oven for approximately 8-10 minutes.
9. Let them sit on the baking pan for 2 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
LINKS AND CONTACT INFO:
Support Video Production: https://berkshirepaintandsip.squarespace.com/support-bps-1
Paint and Sip at Home: https://berkshirepaintandsip.squarespace.com/paint-and-sip-at-home-1/
Berkshire Paint and Sip: https://berkshirepaintandsip.squarespace.com/
Michelle the Painter: https://berkshirepaintandsip.squarespace.com/michelles-art/
Paint and Sip Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/berkshirepaintandsip/
Phone: (413) 205-8346