This painting tutorial will take you through a fun and easy to follow, step-by-step painting lesson on how to create this vibrant sunset landscape image of “Safari Sunset” with a Tree of Life. Using only 2 brushes and 6 colors we’ll create a lively painting full of beautiful colors and realistic silhouettes of African animals and Boabab Trees. You’ll learn how to create a stunning setting sun with warm reds and oranges, and how to paint birds that seem to disappear into the sunset. So come discover your inner artist and let’s paint our canvas and eat some cookies!
IMAGE LINK FOR PRINTING:
DONATION LINK TO SUPPORT PRODUCTION OF THESE VIDEOS:
Canvas: 16×20 stretched primed canvas
Brushes: 1/2 inch flat bristle brush, #4 round
Acrylic Paint: titanium white, burnt umber (brown), chrome yellow, mars black, fluorescent orange, fire red
Other: #2 pencil, cup of water for washing brushes, paper towel for drying brushes
1. #2 pencil – Draw the horizon line
2. 1/2 inch bristle brush – Paint the sky with white, yellow, orange, red and brown
3. 1/2 inch bristle brush – Paint the ground with black
4. #4 round brush – Paint the tree trunks and branches with black
5. 1/2 inch bristle brush – Paint the leaves with black and brown
6. #4 round brush – Paint the giraffes with black
7. #4 round brush – Paint the rhino with black
8. #4 round brush – Paint the grass with black
9. #4 round brush – Paint the birds with black
10. #4 round brush – Sign with orange, yellow and white
OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIE RECIPE
Makes 16 COOKIES / Prep time 10 minutes / Cook time 10 minutes
• 1 large egg
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), very soft
• 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
• 1/4 cup granulated sugar
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned whole rolled oats (not instant or quick cook)
• 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
• 1 cup dried raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350F, line baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray; set aside.
2. In large bowl, mix together the egg, butter, sugars and vanilla.
3. Add the oats, flour, baking soda, salt, raisins and stir to combine.
4. Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, form mounds and place on prepared baking sheet spaced about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake for about 10 to 13 minutes (shorter for super soft cookies, longer for more well-done cookies), don’t over-bake. Cookies firm up as they cool.
LINKS AND CONTACT INFO:
Support Video Production: https://berkshirepaintandsip.squarespace.com/support-bps-1
Paint and Sip at Home: https://berkshirepaintandsip.squarespace.com/paint-and-sip-at-home-1/
Berkshire Paint and Sip: https://berkshirepaintandsip.squarespace.com/
Michelle the Painter: https://berkshirepaintandsip.squarespace.com/michelles-art/
Acrylic Artistry for Beginners by Michelle the Painter: https://share.graphyapp.co/acrylic-artistry
Paint and Sip Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/berkshirepaintandsip/
Phone: (413) 205-8346