This painting tutorial will take you through a fun and easy to follow, step-by-step painting lesson on how to create this bright landscape filled with morning sunshine, frogs and leaping fish. You’ll learn to paint “Sunrise over Mountain Water” with mega mountains, a bright sun popping up from behind them, and animals coming to life as the day begins. Using only 3 brushes and 7 colors we’ll create a lively painting full of joy and energy. You’ll learn how to give realistic dimension to the hills, how to give texture and contrast to wild grass, and how to create silhouetted animals that have great highlights. So come discover your inner artist and let’s paint our canvas and eat some cookies!
IMAGE LINK FOR PRINTING:
DONATION LINK TO SUPPORT PRODUCTION OF THESE VIDEOS:
Canvas: 16×20 stretched primed canvas
Brushes: 1/2 inch flat bristle brush, #8 round, #1 round brush
Acrylic Paint: titanium white, cobalt blue, mars black, chrome yellow, burnt umber (brown), green oxide, fire red
Other: #2 pencil, cup of water for washing brushes, paper towel for drying brushes
1. #2 pencil – Outline flamingos head and neck
2. 1/2 inch bristle brush – Paint the sky with blue and white
3. #8 round brush – Paint base coat for flamingo head and neck with red and white
4. #8 round brush – Paint base coat of hand with red and white
5. #8 round brush – Paint the wing with black, red and white
6. #8 round brush – Paint beak and mouth with black
7. #8 round brush – Outline sunglasses with yellow and white
8. #8 round brush – Paint first layer of glass on sunglasses with blue and white
9. #1 round brush – Finish the hand with black, white and red
10. #1 round brush – Finish black details on face and neck with black
11. #1 round brush – Paint the tongue and highlights with red, black and white
12. #1 round brush – Paint the peace symbol with white, fluorescent green, fluorescent purple, yellow, blue and red
13. #1 round brush – Signature with black
POPCORN PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE RECIPE
• ¾ cup smooth peanut butter
• ¾ cup unsalted butter room temperature
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 cup brown sugar packed
• 2 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3 cups all purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 bag microwave popcorn
1. In a large bowl (with mixer if possible) beat peanut butter and butter until smooth.
2. Add sugars and beat on high speed until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs and vanilla and beat on low speed until combined.
4. Add flour, baking soda and salt and beat on low speed just until cookie dough comes together.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F and line with parchment paper.
6. Pop your popcorn
7. Roll popcorn into the dough into 1″ balls and place 2″ apart on baking sheets.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
LINKS AND CONTACT INFO:
Support Video Production: https://berkshirepaintandsip.squarespace.com/support-bps-1
Paint and Sip at Home: https://berkshirepaintandsip.squarespace.com/paint-and-sip-at-home-1/
Berkshire Paint and Sip: https://berkshirepaintandsip.squarespace.com/
Michelle the Painter: https://berkshirepaintandsip.squarespace.com/michelles-art/
Paint and Sip Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/berkshirepaintandsip/
Phone: (413) 205-8346